Can you imagine what it would be like to not be able to afford bras or feminine hygiene products? Do you know over 6K girls and women in Utah are homeless, refugees, and have been displaced due to domestic violence? These women often times have to make the hard decision to feed their family or to buy pads. Every woman should have access to hygiene products no matter what circumstance their in. Many of these women cannot hold down a job due to these basic health necessitites.
During the month December, I Support the Girls, eight Utah local businesses, and 10 local women shelters are putting together the second Utah Bra & Feminine Hygiene Drive to help the over 6,000+ women and girls in Utah who are homeless, refugees, and victims of domestic and sexual violence in need.
The drive starts Monday December 4th and goes until the 31st. The first week in January all of the items will be donated to 10 local women shelters in Utah.
I'm so excited to announce this year's donation drop off locations and women shelters participating in this year's drive:
You can donate your gently used bras and new feminine hygiene products at one of these locations: Donation drop off locations:
- Serendipity Salon- 678 N Main St, Logan
- Cooper & Violet- 171 E 2500 S, Ogden
- Bra Fittings by Court- 478 E 1650 S, Kaysville
- Lace by Louise- 344 500 W #2, Bountiful
- The Bra Bar Boutique- 1352 Foothill Dr, Salt Lake City
- Boop Baby- 9304 700 E, Sandy
- The Baby Cubby- 586 N 900 W, American Fork
- Platinum Salon- 594 E 800 S, Orem
- Recycled Design- 63 W. Center Street
- Elizabeth Faye Salon- 350 N Bluff St, St George
All donated items were given to the following six local women shelters in Utah:
- Citizens Against Physical and Sexual Abuse in Logan
- Your Community Connection (YCC) in Ogden
- Safe Harbor in Kaysville
- Utah Refugee Center in Salt Lake City
- YWCA in Salt Lake City
- Rescue Mission of Salt Lake in Salt Lake City
- Women's & Children in Crisis Center in Provo
- Care and Share in Cedar City
- Switchpoint in St. George
- Dove Center in St. George
If you want to learn more on how you can become involved in Support the Girls, or start a chapter in your state or city, contact Rachael Heger at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me email@example.com.
Watch below and read the news coverage on 2016's I Support the Girls Bra & Feminine Hygiene Drive.